Is this a California Pickup?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
This is from my S280 Flyer.

I know the bottom (bridge) pickup is a replacement (Eric Johnson Custom F-spaced) but the neck is a mystery. I know the California pickups were stamped and this looks like it had some stamp on it, but the legs don't look like others I've seen.

BTW, check out the crazy pickup ring on the bridge! It's match all the holes! (minor drilling may be required).

5D3_0397-1600.jpg

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
This is from my S280 Flyer.

I know the bottom (bridge) pickup is a replacement (Eric Johnson Custom F-spaced) but the neck is a mystery. I know the California pickups were stamped and this looks like it had some stamp on it, but the legs don't look like others I've seen.

The top one is a California pickup.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

F312

Reaction score
So, what is a California pup...
Ralph

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I like mine!

0UNxDN.jpg

As per Hans Guild called them "Pacific Pickups," and they are stamped California Pickup Co. yes, made in Japan.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
As per Hans Guild called them "Pacific Pickups," and they are stamped California Pickup Co.

No, I did not say that! I said that Guild called them 'Pacific' pickups first and changed to 'California' pickups a little later. The 'California' name was there from day one.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
No, I did not say that! I said that Guild called them 'Pacific' pickups first and changed to 'California' pickups a little later. The 'California' name was there from day one.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

ahh, apologies for the confusion! crystal clear now. thank u again, sir.
I still need to folow up on that 84 Starifire thread. life has taken me away from it temporarily. but we are soon to be reunited!