Just for fun:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Diana Krall - Cry Me A River
OK if you can post Diana Krall I can post Ludovico Einaudi:

Heard it on the classical station comin' in to work this morning, it was one of those tunes that I had to go search the station playlist to find out what it was, I loved it so much..
If you like that violin you'll love an Italian progressive band called Arti & Mestieri, from the '70's, first 2 albums: Tilt and Giro di Valzer per Domani
:friendly_wink:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
SOOO Shawn.....you're only the second guy I've met here who knows about Oregon/Ralph Towner!
Where's that thumbs up emoticon?! And do you know about the Paul Winter Consort ? :D

Howdy

I have been fan of Oregon since summer -77 - Distant Hills - Winter Light
I even had a period, when I bought any album, that had ECM on it

Ralph Towner was here some ten-twenty years ago - and I heard rumour, that his guitar was gone missing in transit, so I took my F512 and went to see if he neends help - he did not, while his own was found in time. I did not see the concert, because it was sold out.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Howdy

Only reason I didn't was because my budge wouldn't allow, but it's how I discovered John Abercrombie, John Scofield, Bill Frisell, and Dave Holland.
It was actually my best buddy who turned me onto Oregon, Towner, Metheny, and Rypdal, and thus the label..
I'm thinking it was around '74 as we were both in "junior college" at the time. (Community college which offered freshman and sophomore level courses with credit transferable to a state university at greatly reduced cost)

Reaction score
OK if you can post Diana Krall I can post Ludovico Einaudi:
Heard it on the classical station comin' in to work this morning, it was one of those tunes that I had to go search the station playlist to find out what it was, I loved it so much..
If you like that violin you'll love an Italian progressive band called Arti & Mestieri, from the '70's, first 2 albums: Tilt and Giro di Valzer per Domani
:friendly_wink:

Thanks for sharing....awesome. You must listen to NPR like I do.

Reaction score
Howdy

Ralph Towner was here some ten-twenty years ago - and I heard rumour, that his guitar was gone missing in transit, so I took my F512 and went to see if he neends help - he did not, while his own was found in time. I did not see the concert, because it was sold out.

1978..."Out of the Woods" was my 1st introduction to Oregon. But I had heard of Paul Winter before then and jumped when I saw the band members of Oregon. I'm sitting here looking at the album. Speaking of that, I sure miss all the awesome artwork that went on ALBUMS.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I'm thinking it was around '74 as we were both in "junior college" at the time. (Community college which offered freshman and sophomore level courses with credit transferable to a state university at greatly reduced cost)

Al, it made me feel old that you felt the need to explain what a "junior college" is... :crushed:

walrus

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just didn't know if the concept existed in Finland where Nuuska lives.. :friendly_wink:

Hello

We have free college / university for natives - plus for foreigners, who have "permanent finnish resident permit". We used to have free education for everybody, but January this year they started collecting minimum 1500€ / semester from non-EU / ETA students. Some charge up to 18000 - but the there is some kind of stipend system, where at the end the student pays much less.

For those more interested : http://www.studyinfinland.fi/

If any of you get the spark and decide to start studying at Tampere university, I´ll be happy to get together and pluck some strings ...