Eastman AC822CE-FF Delayed

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
For those that didn't catch a wee little post . I've been wanting a Fan fret/ multi scale acoustic for a while now .

Thing is I never knew Eastman built one lol. I've check out Eastman guitars for a while on and off just grazing really but I never caught this model until a few weeks back .

The specs are pretty decent . Eastman says this is thier top model , thier flagship .

The top is Engleman . I looked into Englemans source locations and it seems there's some tonal differences between orgins . Since Eastman didn't state European /German/moon spruce it must of came from here the U.S. for some reason I didn't think of Canada , sorry folks. lol

As it turns out Canada is where it comes from and that Engleman has a bit better tone then the U.S's so I read . See I'm making up for not thinking about you folks . Lol ( that's not breaking a rule is it ? I hope not . )

Here's the full specs ,

Neck Material:Mahogany ( from what pics I've seen the mahogany is stunning ) hope mine is as well . Lol
Fingerboard:Ebony
Fingerboard Radius:12"
Neck Profile:Traditional Even "C"
Nut:Bone 1-3/4"
Fretwire:22 Jescar-FW43080
Scale Length:25.5" Bass Side 24.75" Treble Side
Body Dimensions:16" x 4 1/4"
Bracings:Hand Scalloped X
Body Top:Solid Engleman Spruce
Body Back/Sides:Solid Rosewood ( they say it's East Indian Rosewood)
Bridge/Saddle:Ebony/Bone, 2 5/32" Spacing
Rosette:Abalone
Truss Rod:Dual Acting
Binding:Top, Back, Fingerboard, and Headstock
Binding Material:Figured Maple
Logo:pearl Headstock
Inlay:pearl Dots
Side Dot Color:Black
Bridge Pins:Ebony w/Abalone Dots
Body Top Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose
Neck Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose
Hardware Color:Gold
Pickguard:None
Tuners:Gotoh SG301
Electronics:LR Baggs Anthem
Strings:D'Addario .012-.053 #EXP16
Action Height:12th fret 3/32" on the bass side and 2/32" on the treble side
Case:Hardshell Case
Truss Rod Wrench:4mm

When I ordered it I didn't worry about how long it would take to get here but as the days past I started thinking about it more and more up till today .

I finally received the email / message that there's trouble at the front . Ohhhhh no no no say it ain't so !? Why yes ,yes it is ! Lol

So it turns out the guitar didn't pass final inspection and the issue was a cracked finger board .

The other bummer is that they only make so many a year . I can't tell you what that number is but mine was the last one being built . Ugh .

The good news is apparently that wasn't the end of the years total just that run so my arrival date is mid June to whenever. lol. I had to add the whatever part myself so I don't start going crazy waiting for it . Haha

I do have say I'm rather impressed first I'd rather have the issue caught at the plant then in my hands. .
Next thing is they don't have the mind set of just send it out anyway let's see what happens instead they wouldn't let it go out . That's pretty cool !

I have no idea what the crack was like was it big or small , hard to see or bam ! right in your face , if it was a hairline that's cool because they caught it . I don't know really .

I'm sure most manufacturer's would do the same but not all . So Good on Eastman. They earned my respect .

Ok I rambled on long enough . Tick tock Tick tock ... Lol

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oooo I'm only posting here because I like to read my own text .

So back to Ooooooo it turns out Eastman has a custom shop and for you electric players and acoustic you might be interested in their new models and finishes ! Pretty stuff oh and cool to .

Ok so after the Ooo and custom shop I was going to say they have a antique burst that's pretty nice though the above model is not listed as available to customize They said they could do only problem it would be a year out . Lol
Maybe after I play it fall in love with it and I have to have the burst I order one , maybe. Lol
That's it back to your regularity.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Ray I know this is a few months old :)
Did the Eastman arrive???

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah. It's past mid June. I don't know if I could even PLAY a fan fret guitar, but I would like to hear about one and see it.

Reaction score
Hi - if you're still looking for an 822FF, I have one that's basically brand new, 0 miles on it, at a luthier friend's in Vernon, British Columbia. Always kept at 45%, original everything. Incredible guitar for the price, you don't even notice the angular frets after a minute or two. Think it actually makes the guitar easier to play and the soundport startles you a bit when you first hear it.. Engelman top over EIR, mother of pearl rosette, Gotohs, the works, original hard case. If you're interested lemme know, as it's going up on Reverb very soon.........

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Very sorry for missing the the posts folks . ☹️

Hey Ray I know this is a few months old :)
Did the Eastman arrive???

Yes a nice 8 month wait. Lol

Yeah. It's past mid June. I don't know if I could even PLAY a fan fret guitar, but I would like to hear about one and see it.

You will hear it . 😁 I'll have another Belated new gear post . Demo tune is giving me a fight along with mood . Lol leave it to me to use some wierd tuning and come up with a chords that my fingers protest about . Lol

Hi - if you're still looking for an 822FF, I have one that's basically brand new, 0 miles on it, at a luthier friend's in Vernon, British Columbia. Always kept at 45%, original everything. Incredible guitar for the price, you don't even notice the angular frets after a minute or two. Think it actually makes the guitar easier to play and the soundport startles you a bit when you first hear it.. Engelman top over EIR, mother of pearl rosette, Gotohs, the works, original hard case. If you're interested lemme know, as it's going up on Reverb very soon.........

Thank you for the offer but I was committed to this purchase .

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Too lazy to search right now but did you not also go for the EVO gold fretwire on this, or was that a different one?

No the Eastman has Jescar-FW43080 frets .
My custom by Ben Wilborn has the Evo gold .

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
No the Eastman has Jescar-FW43080 frets .
My custom by Ben Wilborn has the Evo gold .

THAT's the one I couldn't remember.
I was gonna say "Why don't you list your guitars in your sig?" but then I realized that would probably require a lot of work to keep it current...
:glee:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
THAT's the one I couldn't remember.
I was gonna say "Why don't you list your guitars in your sig?" but then I realized that would probably require a lot of work to keep it current...
:glee:

Lol yeah it would be a pain buts it's not accurate now . Lol