New Mandolin

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
Actually, they are tuned G,D,A,E low to hi. Think e,a,d,g aka. 6,5,4,3, on guitar only, upside down! invert chords and such... not too hard to play but, like most things...easy to play a little, can be tough to play a lot. Been a mando player for about 30 yrs. about time I treated myself to a instrament of this caliber! been playing it pro for longer than I care to remember. ha,ha! :lol:

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
Tuned the same. Unless you get into cross tuning where you tune each set of strings in harmonies......makes my head hurt just thinking about it!! :lol: But a lot of players do it. Ricky Skags, Jessie Mc Renyolds.....

here is a link that might help!

http://chordfind.com/4-string/

fran

Reaction score
If you happen to post to YouTube or anyplace like that, I would like to hear your new instrument! My brother plays (although guitar and banjo are a little more his emphasis), but he admits his mandolin is not a particularly good one, it's only okay, and it would be nice to hear a better one to compare tone...:) Fran

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
That is a good idea. My group has been trying to tape some of our rehersals to help us work out some kinks...so far we are having trouble getting the bass to come through. I think there is an adjustment on the digi-cam to adjust for that...none of us are too tech-savy..We may have something to post before too long though. Also have a CD project in the works but as I am sure you guys know, they take a while. will post clips of that project for sure! :)