Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having a Taylor or two myself! :wink: CJ

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
I wouldn't mind having a Taylor or two myself! :wink: CJ

Yep, I have just the one Taylor, a T 5 & she's a fun git to have around.

Even better since Taylor put the new neck on her, under warranty, original neck developed a funny twist. 6 weeks at Taylor, $40.00 shipping & she's as good as when I bought her. Taylor even replaced the original humbuckers, & buffed out the pickwear on the top, I don't know why they did that.

145528.jpg

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
As I said originally, Taylor and Martin both make some nice guitars that I wouldn't mind owning.
But when it comes to spending my hard earned money, I'll be sticking with vintage Guilds. Nicest Taylor I ever played was at Elderly Instruments, of course it was priced over $4,000,00 USD:

koi02.jpg

koi04.jpg

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Dread...that Taylor is so gay. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Are you kidding, FNG? I loved it, the inlay work was so cool. (I don't think the one I played was blue, though.) At any rate, the tone and playability were excellent. Waaaaaay out of my price range, though.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
dreadnut said:
Are you kidding, FNG? I loved it, the inlay work was so cool. (I don't think the one I played was blue, though.) At any rate, the tone and playability were excellent. Waaaaaay out of my price range, though.

Just funnin' ya, dread.
8) 8)

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
No, but how about a guitar with a lot of crap on it? :D

271714.jpg

D-100Deluxe_h.jpg

Rich

Reaction score
I've played some very nice Taylors, and while they did sound and play nice, none of them were cannons.

Roman

Reaction score
Rich said:
I've played some very nice Taylors, and while they did sound and play nice, none of them were cannons.

They really have not been marketed nor advertised as cannons. They are evenly balanced with excellent tone, and like everything else, each to their own. But as you can see, I like 'em . . . and I like all the rest too.

jcwu

Reaction score
california said:
So what is it with Taylor? What is it with Toyota? Incredibly reliable, in touch with the market, in touch with their customers and proud of what they build. What say the rest of you?

I personally prefer Hondas.

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
This is what Doyle Dykes was surrounded by, courtesy of Tom Lee Music, when he played here not too long ago. And yes that is his personal 12 string, a real beauty. Steffan
100_2022.jpg

100_2025.jpg

Reaction score
cjd-player said:
Chazmo said:
Nice! I didn't know Taylor was doing beveled armrests.
Not on standard production models, but you can get it with a build-to-order (BTO) guitar.

According to Wood and Steel magazine, Fall 2009 edition, some of the 35th anniversary Limited editions will have built-in armrests available, also.

~nw

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Doyle said that was custom made for him at the time and it was quite the challenge for them to get it right....several tries...gorgeous guitar though, and man....the way he plays that thing IS a religious experience... doesn't it look loved....just sitting there? :D Steffan