We're back, & yes, we were hacked.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Yep, we were hacked & whoever this person is, they seem to have taken a liking to hacking vbulletin sites. We weren't the only one & probably won't be the last.

Not sure how they did it, but they were able to register without an IP address being captured, though I was able to capture it from their activity logs & have blacklisted them from the site, & had our host blacklist them from our server. Not that it will matter much with people like this....

So Let's Talk Guild some more!

Don

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I'm glad to see the site back up. Is there any hint that user passwords were compromised?

dklsplace

Reaction score
I'm glad to see the site back up. Is there any hint that user passwords were compromised?

No, it doesn't appear that they gained access to our database, but it's always a good idea to freshen your passwords on a regular basis.

Derr5151

Reaction score
It had a nice musical track of some palestinian music when i tried to get on the site. What a bunch of jerks. Can they at least do it on a weekday when I'm not sitting around the house relaxing :)

Thanks for all you do Don!

Jeff_L

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Thank you Don. I was going through withdrawal without my daily fix of LTG.

Jeff

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks, Don - I'm responsible for my firm's website, and we were hacked last Friday as well (totally different style of attack), so I know how much of pain in arse this can be.

Thanks again for all you do for the rest of us.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First time I've actually seen that kind of thing. It was pretty gnarly. I'm glad Don was able to put things back together so quickly. (thanks, Don!)

john_m

Reaction score
Thank you, Don, and everyone who worked on the site's return!

Now excuse me while I drool on other people's guitars. ;)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hackers suck :livid::livid::livid::livid:
Don, thanks for all that you do for the community :)
I gotta agree!! It's hard enough to keep things running along when things go RIGHT, and then some evil doer does this kinda $hit..... I'm hoping there's a special kind of HELL for people who's only purpose is to cause trouble......

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks Don for running the site and dealing with the hackers and such. I don't really understand the point of hacking a website or someone's computer, but there's alot of things I don't understand.

dklsplace

Reaction score
For the moment, new user registrations have been turned off. No need to email me to say you can't register...I know. :dry: