NCD: New Capo Day...

guildman63

Reaction score
A new capo isn't what I would typically consider exciting, but this Thalia capo I just got is awesome! I got it in gold finish with blue abalone to match the hardware and fret markers of my F-50, and it looks good to me.

Functionally, this capo goes on very easily with only one hand. Once on it adjusts just as easily, also with one hand. Unique to this capo is that it comes with two sets of inserts, one set with a teflon surface and a second set with a rubber surface. The inserts allow the capo to exactly match the fretboard radius, which improves the evenness in which the strings are depressed.

Overall, this is the best capo I have ever used, and the quality appears top notch. The capo arrived in a nice plastic case inside a microfiber bag. the two sets of inserts also come in their own microfiber bag. Finally, a nice wooden pick was included in the package.

I don't have any pictures yet, but will try to post a few over the weekend.

Last edited:

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congratulations, and I am right there with you on this one! I love these capos. Being available in every metal and wood flavor imaginable is definitely a plus, but the fact that the designer re-thought the process and actually improved on it is what sold me. I thought I had reached the pinnacle in capo design with my G7th (original, not Performance 2). Then along came Thalia. Version 1 was too tight, but version 2 is just right. (That said, I am waiting for their release of a high tension model optimized for 12 strings).

guildman63

Reaction score
They say the rubber inserts are recommended for 12 strings, but without a 12 string guitar I cant say for sure. For 6 strings, however, it gets it done very nicely.

wileypickett

Reaction score
Glad to hear Mach II is better than Mach I -- you have to be King Kong to use the earlier version!

The G7th Newport is well-designed IMO, but for me, the only reason for capos is to hacksaw 'em up into partial capos, and the ones that modify best are no-name capos from China that lock above the strings rather than behind the neck.

Haven't tried it on the Thalia yet though.

jcwu

Reaction score
I had two of these on order when they were on Kickstarter. Ended up cancelling my order because I couldn't justify the price, especially since I have so many capos lying around already. Glad to hear the product's shipping and people are liking it!

guildman63

Reaction score
I almost pre-ordered v1. After hearing of the issue with tension I'm glad I waited. I really can't find any faults with v2.