Batch Photo Resize Tool for Max OSX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've been using this tool for years and just had to manually rebuild it for a new laptop so I took the time to write up the steps in case it can help anyone who may need something similar.

Here's the step by step guide to create your own: http://www.gad.net/Blog/2017/01/18/batch-photo-resize-with-mac-osx-automator/

This will create a right-click option in OSX Finder that will allow you to resize a selection of images all at once like this:

191.png

End result:

201.png

Anyway, I figured it might help someone here. If not, feel free to ignore me. :)

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was aware of Automator, but I didn't know it could do that much. I have just been using Gimp, one at a time... I do most my web stuff on my PC, however. We need a newer ,faster, OSX machine.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was aware of Automator, but I didn't know it could do that much. I have just been using Gimp, one at a time... I do most my web stuff on my PC, however. We need a newer ,faster, OSX machine.

Automator is very powerful but it can be a bit clunky IMO. That's likely because I know how to program in multiple languages and the "programming by dragging and dropping" thing tends to frustrate me.

griehund

Reaction score
I have been searching for many minutes and have not found the facetious app.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
OSX is Mac, not Windows

Clearly you missed my attempt to humorously invoke the stereotype of Mac and Windows users who are clueless about the other operating system and don't care.

Or perhaps I just missed your attempt at irony?

guildman63

Reaction score
Clearly you missed my attempt to humorously invoke the stereotype of Mac and Windows users who are clueless about the other operating system and don't care.

Or perhaps I just missed your attempt at irony?

I definitely missed it. :boxing: