The rarest thing on the net: Guild pickup covers

Andrew12

Reaction score
Hi there, Guild enthusiasts! I decided to share a little incident with you which led to my conversation with the guild support team:

HTML:
Dear Guild team, I've got a very specific problem. I have my guild aristocrat m-75 as a present from my father. This guitar is very special to me. And i want to bring the life back to it.

I lost the original guild p-90 pickup COVERS. And I can find them neither on ebay, nor in the whole internet. Chek it up. All another p-90 covers just don't fit it right, you know. I live in Ukraine and my last hope was the official guild shop. And once again – nothing. My pickups work well, no troubles with a guitar at all, i want to order just the original cream covers from your site. Thank you.

Best regards, Andrew

The answer:

HTML:
Hi Andrii, 
Thank you for choosing Guild Guitars!
Unfortunately we do not sell these pickup covers separately. We only have the complete pickups available as an entire unit. 
Here is a link to the pickups we do have available. 
https://shop.guildguitars.com/product/guild-sb-1f-neck-pickup-ivory/

Well, to be honest, their answer did not surprise me at all. But I still try to keep optimistic. Perhaps, somebody among you guys, who made some pickups mods, had extra covers. I am looking forward to a deal). I will pay for shipping, covers, etc.

Last edited:

matsickma

Reaction score
You can buy Franz pickup covers that are made from a vintage pickup cover mold, warts and all. If you contact the seller he can provide covers with and without dogears in ivory, black and white.

If you perfer a set of new covers that have the more squared off edges than the vintage Franz I would be willing to swap a new set of covers for a set of vintage remakes.

Good luck,
M

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG! Just make sure you measure the pole piece spacing as the vintage guitars have different pole piece spacing for bridge and neck pickup. (distance between high and low E pole pieces). The repro covers only ship with one specific spacing either neck or bridge pickup, can't remember. So you better measure your pickups and ask the seller before you order.
Ralf

Andrew12

Reaction score
something went wrong...

Hello guys! I haven't been there for a long time, but I decided to shed a light on my problem and to share some expirience with you.

So, I ordered the repro covers, as expected, and they didn't fit in. That was painful (the measures before order were checked, it was like 98% that it would match)

As my seller said, these covers were made for 58' vintage aristocrat, so once again, fortune left me. Then one of my friends told me not to upset,
'cos 3-d printing will solve all my problems - and here i just stucked. They asked me to make a 3-d model of the original pickups covers (which i don't have)
and then they could help me to print it.

So, maybe somebody who has the same guitar as I ---guild aristocrat m-75 (korean)--- could 3-d scan the pickup covers of your own guitar and send them to me?

I will pay for the scanning itself, just let me know how much does it cost and your card number. If i had a local store with the same guild - i would never bother you guys, but if somebody can really help me with this - i will be very grateful.

I will 3-d print them at home. I need just the dimensions in *.stl or *.obj