Welcoming home a new guitar: 1957 Guild X375 !

Reaction score
Happy Saturday everyone, just thought this would be a good chance to introduce a guitar I recently brought home... '57 Guild X375 !
And of course, a few pics because.. who doesn't like pics?

img_3079.jpg

img_3082.jpg

img_3077.jpg

img_3101.jpg

img_30991.jpg

img_30901.jpg

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Hello timx186,

Congratulations! Looks like a nice one. Don't know if you are aware of this, but the X-375 model designation was used for a blonde-finished instrument. The same instrument in sunburst would have been called an X-350. If the guitar has the X-375 designation on the label, it was most likely refinished at some point.
The sunburst doesn't look like a '57 sunburst to begin. So assuming that the work was done at Guild and by looking at the style of sunburst, I would say it was probably done during the '60s. However I should add that it's hard for me to tell from a photo if we're looking at a factory finish.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Reaction score
Hello timx186,

Congratulations! Looks like a nice one. Don't know if you are aware of this, but the X-375 model designation was used for a blonde-finished instrument. The same instrument in sunburst would have been called an X-350. If the guitar has the X-375 designation on the label, it was most likely refinished at some point.
The sunburst doesn't look like a '57 sunburst to begin. So assuming that the work was done at Guild and by looking at the style of sunburst, I would say it was probably done during the '60s. However I should add that it's hard for me to tell from a photo if we're looking at a factory finish.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Hi Hans!

if it helps, it is #4452, as seen in pic below, also it does indeed have a x375 label, so I guess it could be a refin.. if so, it appears to have been done a while ago.

img_3105.jpg

img_3086.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
And here's one of my little Guild family, not sure if seeing the color in context with others helps determine anything about the color/refin?
Thanks!

img_3179.jpg

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very, very nice! Refin or not, I’ll bet it sounds heavenly. Any chance of some soundclips or a video?

Reaction score
Great Photos! Thanks for posting! :encouragement:

What are the two flat-top acoustics?

In the family photo:
'73 S-90, '67 F-30, '57 X375, '63 F-30 (the F-30's are wonderful each in their own way, but I especially love that '63)

I'll have to work on a video or soundclip..

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That is a wonderful guitar! Also the picture with the 4, excellent! Congratulations on such guitars!
Ralf

Reaction score
Thanks everybody, yeah, I'm real happy with it to say the least.

Wish I knew more about its story, unfortunately it didn't come with much information on its life up to this point