Hell hath no fury.................

CA-35

Reaction score
...................like a Hurricane coming off the southwest coast of Africa and bearing down on Puerto Rico, Nassau and The Bahama Islands and then slamming in to Florida's east coast. This little biatch Dorian will be a Category 4 with SUSTAINED wind speeds of 135 MPH by the time it hits Florida. I'm in Broward county which is the southeast tip of Florida, and we fall right into the "cone of disaster". One bright note is that of all the computer models only two show it veering to the south and hitting us, most all the other models show it hitting landfall 200 miles north of us in Daytona.

Lines at the gas stations are insane already, Publix has no bottled water left, and you cant even get close to a Homey Depot for supplies they are letting people in only as people exit. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Strength and Honor. Smoke 'em if you got 'em. Zei Gezunt, A Be Gezunt. Forthwith and hitherto.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Batten down the hatches and hoist up the landlubbers!

Good luck and I'm sure you're properly prepared having seen this kind of storm before.

"Ya just can't reason with hurricane season"

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Don't get robbed in the parking lot of the Homey Depot!

I am ready in Pensacola! Gassed up all the vehicles, bought some canned goods, but everything else I get ready in May.

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Holy CRAP!! That's scary $hit, my friends. Be safe, be careful..... mother nature is a MF!!!

I'll refrain from complaining about the heat for a while, okay?? :encouragement::devilish:

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
I have family in South Florida, So I am always keeping an eye on the tropics this time of year.

Dorian has been gaining strength very rapidly. I’m thinking of you all down there and hoping for the best!

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Batten down the hatches and pray for a reprieve! Take care of yourself and your family. After them, look to your Guilds.

DThomasC

Reaction score
Best hopes for everyone in that part of the globe. You've been through this a lot in the past few years, so we hope that better preparation will help. But, destruction leaves things destroyed...

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Shutters are going up. Got gas for the generator. Got water and food. Let's do this...

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Broward Co, what a place.

Memories of driving down Okechobee Blvd, sunny beaches, lizzards, palms and Banyon trees.

Thoughts and prayers here.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
At least you've got some time to prepare, that's a good thing.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I've lived in tornado country and I live in hurricane country. I don't know if I prefer a small storm with little warning or a big storm with days of warning.

CA-35

Reaction score
I've lived in tornado country and I live in hurricane country. I don't know if I prefer a small storm with little warning or a big storm with days of warning.

I'll take warning over surprise any day Dave.

Looks like we (South Florida) caught a break and she is going to head north and possibly skirt the state of Florida all together. Andrew was supposed to do the same thing back in 1992 and then that farker took a left hand turn and well the rest is history. I will feel better after the 11:00 AM report tomorrow morning.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That is one bad azz storm.

Anyone ever read Issacs Storm, about the Galveston storm in 1900?

We've come a long way from trying to guess hurricanes from barometer readings from Cuba and ships sent over the telegraph.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I hate when I can't be happy I'm not there, because I've too many friends and family down there and I'm a wreck...... Save what you can but mostly save yourself, my friends. The stuff can (kinda) be replaced, but your life cannot. And take your pets with you okay?? <3