Greg Brady with a Guild!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
A brief glimpse in the middle of this "Happy Days" interview. There may be more, but I don't know the episode...

At 8:05.

walrus

MartyG

Reaction score
On closer inspection - I don't think it's a Guild.
49125172787_c5a045771d_c.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ah, I think you are correct! My bad, nothing to see here, where's Marcia?

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ah, I think you are correct! My bad, nothing to see here, where's Marcia?
walrus
MM.jpg

Anxiously awaiting seeing you again at the Class of 75's 45th Reunion next year.

Y'know, though, wonder if Greg's guitar could be a Madeira?
Aoxoa actually joined up and posted here a few a times a while back:
https://aoxoa.co/madeira-guild-acoustic-guitar/
madeira-by-guild-headstocks.jpg

There's even precedent for the 'guard shape and square label:
7057d7f3f7746a4.jpg

Just didn't see 'em all together on the same axe in any of Aoxoa's lit.

Otherwise thinking one of those Japanese copies from the same era.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
kind of lame the producers of the Bunch could not fork up enuff dough to supply a real Westerly Guild for that scene. come on, there must have been a plethora of them, a D25 even at a low price. :(

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
kind of lame the producers of the Bunch could not fork up enuff dough to supply a real Westerly Guild for that scene. come on, there must have been a plethora of them, a D25 even at a low price. :(

Hey Woody. I think you're too old to use plethora. My students at UVA practically to a man and woman overuse plethora in their papers they write. My god, when I was "a youngin" plethora meant something like "a gazillion." :wink-new:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Woody. I think you're too old to use plethora. My students at UVA practically to a man and woman overuse plethora in their papers they write. My god, when I was "a youngin" plethora meant something like "a gazillion." :wink-new:

LOL
I knew I should stop using that word, and I can say, I hardly ever use it anymore :)

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score

Ha! Mine, too! I wonder if it's something Word supplies for them?

I also get a lot "defiantly" instead of "definitely" - that is Word, for sure. "I defiantly agree" is a classic!

walrus

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ha! Mine, too! I wonder if it's something Word supplies for them?

I also get a lot "defiantly" instead of "definitely" - that is Word, for sure. "I defiantly agree" is a classic!

walrus

i not a Michael Jackson fan, at all, but that "billie jean" tune, i always thought the chorus went: "The chair is not my son..." Which, I must admit, I never could understand. Of course the chair or any chair is not your son, Mr Jackson, it is an inanimate object. Like, huh?

then a friend pointed out the chorus goes: The child is not my son. Ah well, sure, that makes total sense.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
i not a Michael Jackson fan, at all, but that "billie jean" tune, i always thought the chorus went: "The chair is not my son..." Which, I must admit, I never could understand. Of course the chair or any chair is not your son, Mr Jackson, it is an inanimate object. Like, huh?

then a friend pointed out the chorus goes: The child is not my son. Ah well, sure, that makes total sense.

In his case, it seemed very unlikely the child was his son!

walrus

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...wonder if Greg's guitar could be a Madeira?
Good idea but I don't think so. The Dough Re Mi show was aired 1974, and the headstock shape was different until that time. That points against Madeira.
Also the pickguard on Madeiras was very different from Guild. Brady's guitar clearly has a Guild shaped pickguard which somebody could have added.
It has the small triangle TRC however and also the script looks similiar to Madeira but not same. The rectangular labels on Madeiras only started when they moved production to Korea and that was many years later, hence it also points against Madeira here.

Tough call what manufacturer this guitar is from. The exact headstock inlay does not ring a bell. But Japan sounds in the ballpark.

MV5BMDU0NTY2N2YtMWZiZi00ODZkLWJlOWEtMTNlOGYxY2MzYTMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE0MzgwNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Ralf

Last edited: