New Newark Street archtops, apparently

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Anybody else who saw Guild's instagram story yesterday?

They had "artist day" in Oxnard it said, and it showed some clips of people visiting the factory, and playing some familiar and not so familiar Newark Street guitars.

Clearly visible in the short clips were what looked like the Korean X175, but in what appeared to be candy apple red, with three franz pickups and a Bigsby. In the same clip, someone was playing a metallic blue X175, again with Bigsby, and two white topped DeArmond pickups, and it looked like it had headstock binding.

Looks like there are going to be some new archtops at winter NAMM. Hope there are going to be different finishes too.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not having Instagram, I missed it. I suppose I should check propaganda Book for updates.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I checked out their Instagram page and didn’t see anything.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Maybe they're reissuing the Catalina Blue X160!

Ralf(SFIV1967) reported and posted a sighting of a Catalina Blue Newark St. model a while back, just can't remember which it was but it was an archtop.
So wondered if maybe it was that same guitar making another appearance.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ralf (SFIV1967) reported and posted a sighting of a Catalina Blue Newark St. model a while back, just can't remember which it was but it was an archtop.
I can't even remember myself! But if you say so...
Ralf

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I can't even remember myself! But if you say so...
Ralf
I know the feeling!
:glee:
Seem to recall you spotted it hanging on a wall in the backdrop of a Guild communication about pending models?
That one wasn't specifically mentioned as I recall but you commented on it being visible in the pic.
Might have been 3 years ago already.

dhdfoster

Reaction score
https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2020-guild-primes-its-stunning-x-175-manhattan-special-for-launch/

Guild-X-175-Manhattan-Special.jpg

DrumBob

Reaction score
I already spoke with Cordoba and I will be getting a new X-175 for review in Vintage Guitar, hopefully soon. Will report back on arrival.

kakerlak

Reaction score
I hate to say we're scooped by the Gear Page, but letting everyone know about that X-350 is worth it!

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/new-2020-guilds.2111280/

Interesting. Reintroducing a SFI and "Aristocrats" with chambered (vs. hollow) bodies and carved spruce and flamed maple tops. It'll be interesting to see where those fall b/w solidbody M-75s and Night/Bluesbirds, esp with the spruce variant.

[EDIT] NM, there was a pic at the bottom that was late-loading, lol.