re: Hardshell Case for 1988 Guild X-170

Reaction score
re: Hardshell Case for 1988 Guild X-170

Good morning:

I'm new to the forum and joined because I recently acquired a 1988 Guild X-170. The guitar is original, but the case that it came with appears to be an old and rather tattered Guild Jumbo case. It's much too large for the guitar.

I'm interested in purchasing a quality aftermarket case or gigbag. I searched the forum looking for a thread that might be help, but wasn't able to locate anything other than some references to TKL cases that I'm not sure would fit since the lower bout on the 170 is 16 5/8 and not 16.

I would greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction if you know of an aftermarket case that will accomodate the X-170.

Many thanks!

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have been looking for a case for my CE100D for a while, and I haven't found anything easily obtainable. There is a case on archtop.com that looks like it might work. Make sure to measure the upper bout too.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
+1 for archtop.com. They will be sure to send a case that fits well.

walrus

matsickma

Reaction score
Keep sn eye on eBay. There is one or two guys that part out Guilds. I have picked up a few cases that way including one for a X170. Also for a number of years Guild did use TKL cases. I think the latter years of Westerly the cases were TKL.
M

Reaction score
Thanks for your help and good advice. I ended up purchasing a Reunion Blues Continental Voyager Semi/Hollow Body Electric Guitar Case.

It appears to be a good quality semi rigid case. At first, zipping the case was a bit of a tight queeze. However, after a few days it appears to be a very good fit. So far so good.

Happy New Year!