Guild Starfire IV, V or VI Newark St Collection

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Guild guitars. I tried a Starfire at a store and loved it. Now I'm considering a SF IV or V.

I have a question related to this - Does anyone know the exact bridge string spacing for these guitars?

The website says 2" but it also says 52mm which don't match.

If anyone has any of these guitars, would it be possible to measure the actual E6-E1 string spacing right at the bridge? (Center of string to center of string)

I know this seems like a rather trivial difference but this is an important detail to me so this would be much appreciated! Thank you!

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Guild guitars. I tried a Starfire at a store and loved it. Now I'm considering a SF IV or V.

I have a question related to this - Does anyone know the exact bridge string spacing for these guitars?

The website says 2" but it also says 52mm which don't match.!

Hello Guitarlix,

Welcome! String spacing for tune-o-matic (Gibson) style bridges has been been 52 mm for most manufacturers for a long time.
I would be surprised if Guild would use something different for their Newark St. Collection models.

Good luck!

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The website says 2" but it also says 52mm which don't match.
Welcome to LTG! 2" = 50.8 mm. 52 mm is a difference of 1.02 mm, I doubt divided by 6 strings you would even feel a difference in 0,17 mm per string...So 2" and 52 mm is basically the same. And as Hans said, 52 mm seems to be the correct value.
Ralf

Last edited: