Server Move

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I will be moving the server probably within the next week or so. I’ve done a bunch of dry runs that all went well, but when technology is involved who knows what will happen.

This involves a DNS change and may result in some people working while others don’t for roughly 24 hours. I will have a message posted so what’s happening should be fairly obvious.

On your end nothing will change or need to be done.

I’ll update when necessary. That is all. For now. :)

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Are you going to take pix of yourself, the server, etc. so you can do a review of your work? :devilish:

walrus

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
And we're back.

Some things to note about the new server:

1) Yes, all the icons one the home page are different. I can put them back or change them to something else. I thought it was a fun way to instantly see that you were on the new server.

2) Every web browser should now automatically redirect to https, so you should no longer get warnings about the site being insecure. I think that's all, but I'll be monitoring.

Feel free to complain is something's not right. :tongue-new:

Last edited:

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This morning, Firefox told me there was something wrong with the site's certificate and suggested I not proceed to the site. I risked it. :tiger:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
This morning, Firefox told me there was something wrong with the site's certificate and suggested I not proceed to the site. I risked it. :tiger:

Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for www.letstalkguild.com. The certificate is only valid for letstalkguild.com.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

It is safe but there is probably something that can be tweaked.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, GAD! Awesome!
I could be wrong, but the response of the site feels faster than before. Nice!

Last edited:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I got the same thing using Safari on my iPad, but I know this site is safe. And thanks for all your hard word Gary!

5thumbs

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I too got the Firefox message. My cell phone had no problem, so I assumed it was an issue related to the server change. I ignored the warning and got here, then copied and replaced my desktop shortcut. All is good.

Oh yeah, Gary. Thanks for your work!

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks GAD, and also thanks to all the other moderators for all you do!

I got the certificate error, as well...

I am getting a "broken image link" icon in the upper left corner of the banner... but I don't remember what should be there. The banner looks like it's all there, to me...

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Over here - no problem wtasoever using Chrome. Tried FF and it warned me about unsecure site - took the risk and got there - turned FF OFF and restarted again - this time no problem getting straight to site. In FF the Guild-logos are all grey - in Chrome some are green.

Thank you for your time and trouble.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks, GAD! I got the "site unsafe" message the first time I went in - I did not get it the second time.

walrus