Server Move

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, Gary. Thanks for all the effort and time you've put into all this!
+1 !
brock.gif

Ralf

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
This has been like this for years, and I FINALLY figured it out! Yay!

It's supposed to say vBulletin, but it was replaced with a link that required a login to inmotion. I finally found it and replaced it with a simple blue dot that matches the banner. HOORAY. I made myself happy.

Any chance of curing that annoying MS pop-up about "only secure content is displayed"?
Every time I look at a new post.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Any chance of curing that annoying MS pop-up about "only secure content is displayed"?
Every time I look at a new post.

That will be fixed. It's a bit complicated but I haven't forgotten about it.

Are you aware that you're the only person on Earth who uses Internet Explorer? :emmersed:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
That will be fixed. It's a bit complicated but I haven't forgotten about it.

Are you aware that you're the only person on Earth who uses Internet Explorer? :emmersed:
And that surprises you?
:glee:

I can use Chrome too but I actually use 'em both for different reasons, one on each screen.
:friendly_wink:

PS thanks for update, understand other tasks have higher priority, just nice to know there's something to look forward to besides the next Apple OS.

And oh yeah what really cracks me up is that even Microsoft has disowned their own problem child ("We don't recommend Internet Explorer"....) and tries to push people towards "Edge".
Should I start a rant about wasting time regularly learning new interfaces that takes away from precious posting time and even useful productivity from those of us who carry a double load on their desktops?
(Insert blissfully self-aware irony emoticon here)
:smile:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
And that surprises you?

I can use Chrome too but I actually use 'em both for different reasons, one on each screen.

PS thanks for update, understand other tasks have higher priority, just nice to know there's something to look forward to besides the next Apple OS.

And oh yeah what really cracks me up is that even Microsoft has disowned their own problem child ("We don't recommend Internet Explorer"....) and tries to push people towards "Edge".
Should I start a rant about wasting time regularly learning new interfaces that takes away from precious posting time and even useful productivity from those of us who carry a double load on their desktops?
(Insert blissfully self-aware irony emoticon here)

Don't get me started. I have a 34" ultra-wide monitor in front of me and a 27" iMac to the right. I often have three browsers running (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) along with all the other crap I'm doing. My Mac Pro is also acting as a server and pile of other things in my house.

UI is one of my biggest hot buttons, and so many companies have no concept of how to get it write. Back in the Windows 95 days, Microsoft attacked the UI and made it all consistent and it was a HUGE step in the right direction.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I fired up a Windows 7 VM and tested with IE8 (wheeee!). The "only secure content" problem is definitely the ads. I will be disabling them on 1/1/20.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
MS doesn't recommend Internet Explorer, and I don't recommend Edge. Probably the worst and finding stuff you type a search for of ANY browser currently out.

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Has the limit in our signatures been affected by the recent changes? If I hit the limit I won't be able to buy any more guitars.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Al - any change?
Don't know how I missed these, (actually just figured out why), but you've already seen answer elsewhere.
Has the limit in our signatures been affected by the recent changes? If I hit the limit I won't be able to buy any more guitars.
I move Awagner gets a special dispensation.
Actually I already kinda wondered how he was pulling that list off.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Richard needs that dispensation, too!

I definitely don't!

walrus

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Actually I already kinda wondered how he was pulling that list off.

I did previously hit the limit, which prohibited me from adding more guitars until I employed some creative editing. It is definitely a character # limit. Abbreviations help, but I do not want to resort to utilizing apostrophes unless absolutely necessary.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just for kicks and giggles I had all my Guilds listed in my signature once. It was a bit obnoxious so I removed them. (People were also complaining about having to scroll so much to get through my posts!)

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ This is a really good point. I have occasionally received some negative reaction PMs from folks about this kind of thing. I would recommend against the long signatures.

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Knowing other members' guitar inventories is actually a valuable resource for me, and I have received several inquiries from other members who have seen mine and have questions about particular models.

Perhaps there is a way to hide or minimize signatures. Wouldn't that address this issue?

Also, making signatures searchable would be helpful.