Server Move

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It is safe but there is probably something that can be tweaked.

I am getting the site insecure message using IE under Windows.
Specifically:
"The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit. "
Which makes sense but is somewhat annoying.
Logging out, clearing cookies doesn't fix it.
Also getting 2 bright blue squares at either end of banner along with broken image link as Gardman mentions.
It's ugly and unprofessional appearing since they're not lined up with anything.
Also wonder what impression the whole security flag thing would give to prospective new members who often start out lurking.
If I wasn't already familiar with the site I'd pass by.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
The site unsafe thing is likely jusy a cache issue in FF.

The logos are a bit much IMO so they’ll get tweaked or replaced.

Thanks all!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The site unsafe thing is likely jusy a cache issue in FF.

The logos are a bit much IMO so they’ll get tweaked or replaced.

Thanks all!

Thanks.
Haven't had coffee yet, don't mean to sound grumpy, but also getting the "only secure content is displayed" dialog box everytime I move to the next thread, also very annoying.
Shouldn't clearing cookies fix that cache problem for IE?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks GAD, and also thanks to all the other moderators for all you do!

I got the certificate error, as well...

I am getting a "broken image link" icon in the upper left corner of the banner... but I don't remember what should be there. The banner looks like it's all there, to me...

The broken image has been there for years. I spent some time trying to fix it but went to bed at 3am.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks.
Haven't had coffee yet, don't mean to sound grumpy, but also getting the "only secure content is displayed" dialog box everytime I move to the next thread, also very annoying.
Shouldn't clearing cookies fix that cache problem for IE?

Hmm. Could you post a screenshot? It might still be cache, but your message sounds a bit different than what I’d expect.

The issue could be a couple things, but the crux is that I’ve forced SSL (https) on my server which is the way all sites should be configured today. It may need tweaking, though.

Clearing cache is what likely needs to be done since the problem is a certificate the browser is holding that may still be reporting the old server.

Or I broke something. ;)

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks, GAD. Also had the security issue on first try, but after taking the risk (to a known site) and exiting. all is well. I am assuming LTG, with the new changes, is now on the "good to go" list in my system. (Firefox user)

I think I like the logos. Just realized they change color if you have unread posts in a given area. Nice.

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've changed the forum icons to be blue to match the scheme. They will show up when the system decides to expire the old ones.

forum_new-48.png

If the pic above is still green, click this link to see the blue one. Eventually the one above will turn blue, too.

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
With Chrome in Windows, everything is as it should be. A few different colors or logos but it was really seamless for me. Thanks, Gary!! :encouragement:

geoguy

Reaction score
The issue with the certificate appears to be related to the domain name.

The certificate shows "letstalkguild.com", but Firefox thinks it should show "www.letstalkguild.com"

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total

The certificate shows "letstalkguild.com", but Firefox thinks it should show "www.letstalkguild.com"

Very helpful - thanks.

I've fixed this, and now letstalkguild.com and www.letstalkguild.com should work fine.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Could you post a screenshot?
Apologies, no can do.
Clearing cache is what likely needs to be done since the problem is a certificate the browser is holding that may still be reporting the old server
Just cleared cache with IE internet options menu.
Still getting this message under the "This site is not secure" warning:

The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.
Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

Seems to jive with the certificate name issue Geoguy mentions.
It might still be cache, but your message sounds a bit different than what I’d expect.
The "Only secure content is displayed" dialog box that pops up is the generic IE box that pops up on any number of sites like the ones that are linked from Bing home page to "content sponsors".
(Not that I like Bing but it's the company default homepage)
The issue could be a couple things, but the crux is that I’ve forced SSL (https) on my server which is the way all sites should be configured today. It may need tweaking, though.
Or I broke something. ;)

IF I wasn't so sure you were above such petty squabbles I'd be tempted to think it was about my "shoot all the programmers" post over in the eBay gift certificates thread.
:glee:
Oh well, tempting as it is to let folks think I decided to take my ball and go home, I actually do have to do some stuff elsewhere, so will just check back in when I can and hope for the best.
Thanks for all you (and the mods) do here, sincerely.
:smile:

geoguy

Reaction score
You're most welcome, GAD.

The site does feel a bit quicker to load now . . . that means I can more quickly begin ignoring the "Song Title Thread"! :devilish:

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Works freat for me, no issues. Thanks GAD! I like the logos.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Apologies, no can do.

Just cleared cache with IE internet options menu.
Still getting this message under the "This site is not secure" warning:

The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.
Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

Seems to jive with the certificate name issue Geoguy mentions.

The "Only secure content is displayed" dialog box that pops up is the generic IE box that pops up on any number of sites like the ones that are linked from Bing home page to "content sponsors".
(Not that I like Bing but it's the company default homepage)

IF I wasn't so sure you were above such petty squabbles I'd be tempted to think it was about my "shoot all the programmers" post over in the eBay gift certificates thread.
:glee:
Oh well, tempting as it is to let folks think I decided to take my ball and go home, I actually do have to do some stuff elsewhere, so will just check back in when I can and hope for the best.
Thanks for all you (and the mods) do here, sincerely.
:smile:

The "only secure content" message is because something somewhere has an http: instead of an https: link. Finding that is proving to be daunting.

F312

Reaction score
Is it time to move into Song Title Thread Part three? :concern:

Ralph

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You're most welcome, GAD.

The site does feel a bit quicker to load now . . . that means I can more quickly begin ignoring the "Song Title Thread"! :devilish:
I'm with you there, geoguy!! I can ignore the new posts in that thread MUCH more quickly!! :encouragement:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score

Me too - now fixed - thanks, GAD!

walrus