Travis (band) - Guild Guitar Model

D55007

Reaction score
Hello,

I know Fran Healy from Travis has been a longtime Guild fan, but just wondered if anyone knows which (dreadnought?) acoustic model he was playing last night at the Hogmanay show on BBC Scotland? He was also playing a 12-string.

Last edited:

D55007

Reaction score
It looks like a D55 but has a different headstock design - I’m wondering if it’s a commemorative model

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Fran Healy used a Guild D-50 Bluegrass Special made in New Hartford from 2013 or earlier during the mentioned Hogmanay show on BBC Scotland. It has EIR back and sides, Adirondack top.

He was also seen playing a sunburst D-55 in some earlier videos.

Here is a picture of Fran Healy using that D-50 Bluegrass Special during an earlier concert:

norwegen-oslo-juni-17-2018-die-schottische-rockband-travis-fuhrt-ein-live-konzert-wahrend-der-norwegischen-musik-festival-piknik-i-sunnfjord-2018-in-oslo-hier-sanger-fran-healy-ist-live-auf-der-buhne-gesehen-foto-gonzales-foto-stian-s-moller-p32xee.jpg

You didn't say if the 12 string was also a Guild. It could have been his Taylor Jumbo (which he used often) or his natural Guild F-412. I did not see any pictures from the BBC session of the 12 string, so can't say.

Ralf

Last edited: