The Horror

beecee

Reaction score
My friend has his apartment broken into between Dec 28th and prior to his return yesterday.

Pretty much tossed everything but this was the killer.

They should have just stolen and sold the thing!

kWeb5Pp.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks like it was sat on or stomped on. It was a pretty burst Gibby

He's had it since the early 70's

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...Pretty much tossed everything but this was the killer....

Oh man. What kind of idiocy is that?!

I just returned from being away for New Year's. First thing, I checked to see that all my guitars were still here!

But first signing on to letstalkguild, I wanted to see how Brucebubs was doing, what with being surrounded by fire when I left.... :nightmare:

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...But first signing on to letstalkguild, I wanted to see how Brucebubs was doing, what with being surrounded by fire when I left.... :nightmare:

Oh, I guess that thread was over at AGF. Those Aussie fires are awful! I guess Bruce is doing OK, so far....

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
You beat me to it, Grot...

Somehow I think this may have been an inside job, because this looks more like rage than simple vandalism.

gilded

Reaction score
Thinking about when Bill Monroe's mando got smashed into splinters at his house. They finally figured out that a recently dumped ex-girlfriend had done the deed.

Seriously, did your friend break up with anybody recently? I bought an ES-347 neck that way. It used to be a guitar, but the owner's wife got mad and bashed it up, twice. Second time was the kiss of death...

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You beat me to it, Grot...

Somehow I think this may have been an inside job, because this looks more like rage than simple vandalism.

yeah, it was someone he knew for sure. that is just total rage.

beecee

Reaction score
Ok...look at the bright side....looking at the saddle it probably needed a neck reset anyway.

There is a bit of a family issue. His nephew stole his Armstrong Lucite guitar and got caught (Ish Guitars shamelessly sold it).

I tend to agree....revenge.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That is horror indeed! But probably somebody he knew as others mentioned already.
Can be repaired however. Need to remove the neck, the entire top binding, the bridge and the pickguard, take the top off. Glue all cracks, stabilize with cleats, reassemble, partial refinish.

Better than this example of a Taylor guitar:

389896112_2fb8f60ca6_o.jpg

Ralf

Last edited:

F312

Reaction score
That is horror indeed! But probably somebody he knew as others mentioned already.
Can be repaired however. Need to remove the neck, the entire top binding, the bridge and the pickguard, take the top off. Glue all cracks, stabilize with cleats, reassemble, partial refinish.

Better than this example of a Taylor guitar:

389896112_2fb8f60ca6_o.jpg

Ralf

Tow up from da flow up.

Ralph

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Devolution of the species. Been burglarized more than once over the years, and they just stole stuff to sell, not destroy.

One of the breakins was in the late 90's, and even though they stole a TV and VCR, and all the motorcycle leather jackets in the closet, and all the Heavy Equipment repair tools I bought for school on the back porch, they left my Burst, that really cool one that I posted a pic of in the D35 thread, plus a Blackface Deluxe Reverb, and Echoplex, some wild vintage pedals, Foxx Fuzz etc and an actual one owner 1960 Sunburst Strat (guy never came back from Nam), all that was in my bedroom and they left all of it.

But I figured they were coming back, sold the Strat and the Deluxe Reverb and took the Burst to a luthier that I knew took forever way the hell out in the boondocks and left it there for a year.

I got a pretty large check from the insurance on the break in and used it as down payment on a house.