NGD Guild OM-120E

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I've always wanted a Guild and when I finally got one it had a few unexpected differences. I ordered an OM-120 through my local guitar shop, but when it arrived I noticed it was a little unusual, as it appears to be an electro-acoustic OM-120 with a few differences.

First, there is no scratchplate and no chesterfield logo on the headstock, which is a little disappointing as they are both pretty cool, but I can always get a scratchplate later. It has the same Guild/Fishman preamp/pickup system that's in the Guild OM-240E, but it's all Mahogany and doesn't have the curved back of the 240. I've never really been a fan of electro-acoustics and wouldn't have bought one intentionally, but as an added bonus it's pretty cool and means I can run it through pedals, so I don't really mind.

https://imgur.com/a/Q7wBTJx

I've sent pictures and the run the serial number by Guild, who have confirmed it is genuine and was a prototype built for a trade show that was then sold to a dealer by the distributor, and it somehow made its way to me.

And, most importantly, it sounds great and feels great to play.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....it is genuine and was a prototype built for a trade show that was then sold to a dealer by the distributor, and it somehow made its way to me....

Wow! Lucky you! Looks gorgeous! Welcome to the boards!

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

Welcome on board

Since you seem to have a guitar, that is unique - or at least rare - take good care of it - later it might cath a good price.

dingrr

Reaction score
Sweet looking guitar, I hope it plays and sounds as good as it looks! Welcome

geoguy

Reaction score
That's a very pretty guitar top . . . congrats, & I hope you enjoy it for a long time. :encouragement:

oZVOyNB.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very nice! Congratulations, and welcome to LTG!

walrus

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG! What a special guitar! You are very lucky! The wood on top and the sides look absolutely georgous! And the headstock looks almost like a made in Oxnard model, so never mind the missing Chinese Chesterfield on it! Any picture of the back of the guitar?
Enjoy your new guitar! (a few members, including me, have NAMM prototypes)
Ralf

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I have a feeling if I stick around this won't be my last Guild...

Sadly it didn't come with a hardcase, I love the look of the green-lined Guild hardcases, but I've got one to keep it safe! Here's a photo of the back, it's just all shiny.

nLgzcMY

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats ,had one let it go . Great sustain .I'll be looking another one soon .

stormin1155

Reaction score
You have one that's something special! Congratulations and welcome to the forum and Guild ownership!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's a beauty for sure and has been said that mahogany is incredible!! Congrats on a very unique guitar, and thanks for sharing the joy!! :encouragement:

Reaction score
Looks like the picture of the back didn't post, I have no idea how to embed images... just imagine the front but without the hole in it.

Can anyone help me find the right sized scratchplate? I asked Guild but since I live in China they couldn't help me find any here. Is there a particular scratchplate maker that you'd trust? I don't want to just get one off ebay/Taobao and get something unworthy of this beautiful guitar.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Great top for sure and welcome to LTG! Love those all hog OM's..