Guild sighting #9583

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Now this is a little bit different!

[video=youtube;AvK6gvdTq1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=84&v=AvK6gvdTq1M&feature=emb_l ogo[/video]

As for the model I'm a little confused. They look like Anti-Hum Bucker's which would be in a Starefire II but there is no back binding which would be a T-100-D. Thoughts?

crank

Reaction score
Nope.

(I was going to say no but got a message that the post needed at least 3 characters in order to post)

And my nope was responding to what this guy is doing to that song not the guitar.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
As for the model I'm a little confused. They look like Anti-Hum Bucker's which would be in a Starefire II but there is no back binding which would be a T-100-D. Thoughts?

Hey Grot,

Not sure that we're looking at an original Guild here. Some hardware, like the tailpiece and the tuners, looks to be changed, so I would not be surprised that the pickups are replaced as well. The video is simply not very clear, but I believe that the guitar started as a T-100D from the second half of the '60s.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Grot,

Not sure that we're looking at an original Guild here. Some hardware, like the tailpiece and the tuners, looks to be changed, so I would not be surprised that the pickups are replaced as well. The video is simply not very clear, but I believe that the guitar started as a T-100D from the second half of the '60s.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Well I did see only the two pickup adjusting screws to add to the confusion so thanks for clearing that up!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well. Not sure what to say about that cover. How about "interesting...".

walrus

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The lunatics are on the grass.

The overdrive is totally unnecessary, imo. I've loved/hated pedals my whole life, and listening to this I can see whey it's sometimes called a dirt box.

Unfortunately that dirt completely ruins any acoustic qualities a guitar might have had, I think it lacks ambience and spaceyness.

No offense to the artist here, but this sounds faintly like Nirvana doing a sloppy drunken Floyd cover, but if they had I'm sure it would have been great.

DThomasC

Reaction score
I can't say I'm enthralled by this cover, but it makes me realize that a decent solo acoustic cover might be possible.

In the end, I'll give the guy credit for making it his own... and playing a guild.