Binboner.com

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I agree with Frono. “Mistake” never entered into it for me.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
frono, I seriously didn't see that! You have an interesting mind...

walrus

I have been accused of having a dirty mind and/or a sense of humor that is stuck in a boy's bathroom in eighth grade. It never really dawned on me that I might be "different" until I saw "Young Frankenstein" in a theater during its initial release. I was laughing a lot and laughing loudly and most of the time I was the only person in the theater laughing.

Grassdog

Reaction score
On the contrary, my immediate reaction was that the site for people who had a "very strong interest" in buying it now. My second reaction was that I needed to watch the thread in case someone else though the same way and expressed their thinking in a non-family friendly way :)

When I said the name didn't inspire confidence, I must confess I was thinking exactly like Frono. Which raises the question; if someone applied for the LTG username Guildboner, would our moderators approve?

Not that I'm thinking of doing anything like that of course.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
When I said the name didn't inspire confidence, I must confess I was thinking exactly like Frono. Which raises the question; if someone applied for the LTG username Guildboner, would our moderators approve?

Not that I'm thinking of doing anything like that of course.

CAFEBABE is a magic word that means something to Java programmers. I have sometimes used it as a user name in places where it might generate an understanding nod from other users. When it is not available I sometimes go for CafeBoob. Is it a body part or just a clueless idiot? No site has ever complained unless someone beat me to the name.

In general user names have not been a serious concern. I'm not sure whether I would pre-emptively censor that name or just wait for complaints. The only name problem I recall at LTG was a user who took the real name of a person who was somewhat controversial and definitely more famous than the poster. Some people objected but things died out when the user got bored and stopped posting.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I have been accused of having a dirty mind and/or a sense of humor that is stuck in a boy's bathroom in eighth grade. It never really dawned on me that I might be "different" until I saw "Young Frankenstein" in a theater during its initial release. I was laughing a lot and laughing loudly and most of the time I was the only person in the theater laughing.

That's a tough crowd if they didn't think "Young Frankenstein" is laugh out loud funny!

walrus

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Young Frankenstein" is one of my favorite movies of all time. Gene Wilder and Marty Feldman are insanely funny. How could anybody watch them and not laugh?

Whoever thought "bitboner" was a good name for a website, they were wrong.

I used to work in electronics manufacturing - one supplier of soldering fluxes and solvents, etc. came out with a new product in a spray can, they called it "Flux Off." No kidding.

ovPTqRL.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's for when you need one in a very delicate situation!

Al, there's no way to reply to this...

walrus

Well you know others have mentioned the first thing that came into their minds when they saw the binboner.com name.
It's tough living up to the male stereotype sometimes.