Starfire XII restoration

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
adorshki said:
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
With her, it's hard to tell one end from the other.
I understand one technique is to wave a piece of pie in the general vicinity and see which end sucks it in.

Your funeral!

truckload.jpg

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
With her, it's hard to tell one end from the other.

Normally, I just consider the Rosie jokes as part of the background noise and veer. But this one gets a Cup award, as in I laughed and sprayed so much coffee that I had to get another cup.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
coastie99 said:
Fix,

May I present Rosie Huntington - Whitely .......................

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think it would be entirely in order to name your 12 Rosie.

That poor girl seems to have the opposite affliction, Coastie. Somebody throw her a Twinkie or twenty, huh?

Fixit

Reaction score
Poor thing looks like she could use a little TLC just like her 12 string namesake :lol: Not sure if I would be up to that task :?

Fixit

Reaction score
Well, finally there :) Still need to aquire or make a pickguard, but she has strings and she can sing. This has been another fun project, it took entirely too long, kept getting side tracked with other guitars that needed repairs. I guess it like the car mechanic who never gets around to his own car :lol: It is also quite the experience playing this twelver, for those who didn't already know it, the neck width, at the nut and the full lenght of the neck is exactly the same as the SF-IV :?: That makes things a little crowded with twelve strings, and Starfires don't exactly have wide necks to start with. I also don't have what you might call delicate hands :lol: Anyway it going to take some getting use to. It sounds like a sixtys Starfire though, and a twelver too. Our Dave got to play it last night, maybe he will chime in with a discription of his own.

How about a few pictures, that's what we all want to see anyway.

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

And one before shot so yu don't have to go back to find one :p

guild9.jpg

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Magnificent, Tom! How about a shot of the SF XII and SF IV side-by-side? 8)

ladytexan

Reaction score
Wow, Tom! That red is Saawweeetttt! Gosh, I know why Guild hired you to work in Westerly! You're one talented, skilled man! Bravo, Tom! Will you be bringing it along with your new F30 to Orlando? ::::hopeful to see it in person::::::

Fixit

Reaction score
ladytexan said:
Wow, Tom! That red is Saawweeetttt! Gosh, I know why Guild hired you to work in Westerly! You're one talented, skilled man! Bravo, Tom! Will you be bringing it along with your new F30 to Orlando? ::::hopeful to see it in person::::::
I might have to rent a van :lol: Probably not to the show (would jusdt have to leave them in the vehical all day) but maybe Friday night if folks are getting together for a little jam :?:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Fixit said:
Well, finally there :) Our Dave got to play it last night, maybe he will chime in with a discription of his own.

How about a few pictures, that's what we all want to see anyway.

IMG_1211.jpg

Ahhh, yes I did get to play it a bit. Just playing it clean though an old deluxe reverb was awesome. And of course the restoration is outstanding. The string spacing IS tight, as Tom says. I've gotten fairly comfortable with my '69 SFIV, but with another set of strings in there it's a challenge to play cleanly. But I could adapt!

Dave :D

Fixit

Reaction score
Ok, pickguard installed, and the picture everyone's waiting for, it's TWINS :lol:

IMG_1218.jpg

And a few more, just because we like them so much :p

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

Tough times on LTG, everyone hang in there! John, I wish I would have been quicker, I know you would have liked to seen these, you were always had such kind remarks about my projects. RIP buddy.