2015 Guild Pamphlet From Catalog For Oxnard Guitar Models

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Got a 2015 Guild catalog from NAMM and this is a Picture of the Pamphlet inside describing 2 of the American series Acoustic guitars lines that will be available from Oxnard. The "Classic" series will be out in Spring of 2015 and the "Legacy" series will be out in the Summer of 2015. Notice the New model designation F-55 for the jumbo. They still have F50's listed in the 2015 catalog as well. ENJOY!:laughing:

FHUHgw.jpg

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
funny, I wonder how many more times they're going to change model names and series. Looks like what used to be the "traditional" series is going to be "Legacy" now. And the F50, that became the JF65 for a while, and then back to F50, is going to be the F55. Which kinda sorta makes sense seeing it's got the same ornamentation as a D55, but....

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why they still have the F50 guitars and designation in their main 2015 Catalog that the pamphlet came in. Pure Speculation here but maybe the Legacy Series will be constructed with the Hide Glue like the orpheum series and the Regular F50's will continue on as they were. I remember seeing in the interview that Ren did at Namm this year that he stated some of the orpheum construction techniques were going to make their way into other Acoustic Lines as well. But again let me say Pure Speculation.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Does this mean they are cutting corners somewhere or removing premium parts?

I wouldn't think so, Not with Ren at the Helm. I think they may have more of a Streamlined operation since they are Building their manufacturing Facility instead of trying to modify an existing one. Plus Cordoba is now the owner instead of FMIC. They may have less overhead than the previous owners. Also Guild has been out of American production for almost 9 months now. What better way to get people interested than to lower your price a bit.

bobouz

Reaction score
Great price point on the D-20, imho. Just what they need to kick start their line-up and get people talking about Guilds - but it better be good! The Gibson J-15 at $1499 is one heck of a guitar, so there's some credible competition out there.

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so, Not with Ren at the Helm. I think they may have more of a Streamlined operation since they are Building their manufacturing Facility instead of trying to modify an existing one. Plus Cordoba is now the owner instead of FMIC. They may have less overhead than the previous owners. Also Guild has been out of American production for almost 9 months now. What better way to get people interested than to lower your price a bit.
I agree. One place a conglomerate like Fender gets top heavy is in corporate HQ stafffing. I don't remember the exact number, but when I worked for Musicland (anybody remember them?), I think it was something like four central office staff for every retail staffer.
Brad

merlin6666

Reaction score
It says "MAP" price - not list. MAP is street, pretty much.

Interesting, I had to look that up: "Minimum advertised price or MAP is the practice of a manufacturer providing marketing funds to a retailer contingent on the retailer advertising an end customer price at or above a specified level."

So the wholesale price could be considerably below that ...

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I'm with Walter. It seems like with regular production models, dealers could be expected to discount 30%-40% off of MSRP. MAP is pretty close to "street price", so there might not be much wiggle room from the prices you see there. Obviously, with more limited production guitars and the higher end models it was a bit harder to talk dealers out of that big "discount", but the more standard guitars could be expected to be sold at a pretty substantial discount off of MSRP.

West

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wait a second! You can't advertise an M-20 without mentioning Nick Drake; it's the law!

Isnt it?

fretless

Reaction score
cool. i just bought one of the new catalogs off ebay. looking forward to seeing it (i hope it has that flyer inside!) rick

Zelja

Reaction score
According to the catalogue there will be an F-55 (old F50R) and an F-55 maple (old F50). Same scenario with the 12 strings: F-512 (old F512) & an F-512 maple (old F412).

tommym

Reaction score
Hopefully they'll leave the F-30's as the F-30's. I don't think I'd buy a F-35.....:witless:

I always thought that it would have been much easier to denote the 12 string version of any of the guitars with a -12 suffix. e.g. F-50, F-50-12; F-30, F-30-12; etc.....

Tommy