Anybody interested in trading something for my 1974 SF-6?

kakerlak

Reaction score
FS/FT: 1974 walnut/mahogany Starfire VI $2750

Not sure I actually want to move this, but it's not getting much attention and I've been itching to do some trading lately, which is a sickness. I'm not looking for anything specific, though I've been wanting a Les Paul for a while.

It looks like this (sorry for awful flash pics -- there's more gold left on the hardware than it appears):

Sorry for the vague post. Strictly curiosity-driven.

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Looks like you have piqued some interest! Good luck!

walrus

kakerlak

Reaction score

guildman63

Reaction score
Hey kakerlak, I'd even be willing to move the '61 CE-100 you snagged for me for that beauty. Of course, it's not an LP.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Hey kakerlak, I'd even be willing to move the '61 CE-100 you snagged for me for that beauty. Of course, it's not an LP.

Ha! That's tempting, but I think we might have something of a value gap between the two. Now, whatever the heck you've got there in your avatar, on the other hand...

guildman63

Reaction score
Ha! That's tempting, but I think we might have something of a value gap between the two. Now, whatever the heck you've got there in your avatar, on the other hand...

Yes, cash would be needed to balance things out. On the other hand, for the guitar in my avatar one would need a Starfire VI, a Les Paul AND a little cash! :tongue-new:. If you ever se any of my AP's for sale it means I have moved on to the other side and my son, who doesn't play, is cashing them in. :hopelessness:

kakerlak

Reaction score
If you ever se any of my AP's for sale it means I have moved on to the other side and my son, who doesn't play, is cashing them in. :hopelessness:

Haha! I'd say you could say the same about my X-700, but I don't have any kids, so not sure what conclusion you should draw in the instance you ever see it for sale. Probably that I'm an X-700 away from living on the street, I guess.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Possible other trade interests:
-Full-bodied Guilds w/ Franz or DeArmond pickups
-A '50s M-75 of equivalent value (maybe a good refin, changed parts, repairs, project)
-Modern era Bluesbird/Bluesbird P-90 + cash
-Maybe a Heritage
-Maybe misc small maker stuff

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Uggh! I wish I had something to offer up. The only thing I have are a couple of amps, and one is too big to ship. :frustrating:

guildman63

Reaction score
Is all cash an option? Not for me as I am done buyingf or the moment, but perhaps all cash will work better for someone else.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Is all cash an option? Not for me as I am done buyingf or the moment, but perhaps all cash will work better for someone else.

I'll readily admit I'm being silly with this thread and, yes, I suppose I'd entertain offers. I've had this guitar for a long time, paid for it with high school job money, found it by putting want ads all over the Internet, pre-ebay, etc. I feel kind of weird about letting it go and, stupidly, I have it in my head that it'll feel easier if I have some sort of direct temptation to swap it for, rather than just money.

Neal

Reaction score
Just me talking here, but one should strongly resist the urge to let go of their high school guitar.

I thankfully still have mine, over 40 years later ('73 D-35). Cold, dead hands is what it will take.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Just me talking here, but one should strongly resist the urge to let go of their high school guitar.

I thankfully still have mine, over 40 years later ('73 D-35). Cold, dead hands is what it will take.

Meh, it's not the only one. As Harry can attest, I spent countless afternoons running the pawn shop-music store-pawn shop circuit with my dad back in the mid/late '90s. What I have left are the "keepers," but my tastes have changed somewhat.

yawningzakk

Reaction score
I have never seen a Starfire VI with a mahogany body before. She's so pretty! That walnut colour goes so well with the golden hardware!
Is it a maple neck, though?