New Hartford Repairs

guru jr.

Reaction score
Hi,
I generally don't post on internet forums, so please be kind. I have now arranged some capacity in my shop to start taking non-warranty repair and restorations of Guild and Hamer USA guitars.

Guildmkt.jpg

Please contact me at the shop through email (kkeller@fender.com) to discuss whether we can make your old guitar new again.

Kim Keller
Customer Service Manager
Guild Guitars

Geo

Reaction score
Where are you located Kim Keller?

George

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Give us some backround Kim. How'd you get started? What's your backround if you don't mind my asking?

West

geoguy

Reaction score
I remember him from the first LMG visit at New Hartford.

I assume that when Kim says "my shop" he is talking about Guild's New Hartford facility?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
geoguy said:
I remember him from the first LMG visit at New Hartford.

I assume that when Kim says "my shop" he is talking about Guild's New Hartford facility?

AH, I thought he was referring to his independent shop.

West

guru jr.

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I am referring to the Factory Repair shop within the Guild facility in New Hartford. I currently have 2 amazing full-time techs, one came from Westerly, the other from the old shop in Nashville.
I refer to it as 'my' shop because I'm totally responsible for it. I lobbied very hard within the organization to make a restoration facility happen so that Guild Owners would have a place to go that would do things correctly and not cut any corners or tolerate shoddy work. It's the way I roll.

KK

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
guru said:
Sorry for the confusion. I am referring to the Factory Repair shop within the Guild facility in New Hartford. I currently have 2 amazing full-time techs, one came from Westerly, the other from the old shop in Nashville.
I refer to it as 'my' shop because I'm totally responsible for it. I lobbied very hard within the organization to make a restoration facility happen so that Guild Owners would have a place to go that would do things correctly and not cut any corners or tolerate shoddy work. It's the way I roll.

KK

KK,

And you will perform non warrantee work on old Westerly built guitars? And thank you for the clarification.

West

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
guru said:

KK
Kim, you rock! So good to see you posting here.

Jim, yes. Just jumping in for Kim after a great dinner conversation we had last week... He is talking *all* Guild acoustics from prior eras.

For those who don't know, Kim is "the man" who has made (and continues to make) our Let's Meet Guild events happen in New Hartford. The advent of the repair shop in New Hartford is Kim's baby (as he mentioned).

F312

Reaction score
Is there any price list for basic repairs? I'm thinking of a fret job soon.

griehund

Reaction score
Kim's shop did a rebuild of my 74 D40. Neck reset, new frets, refit bridge. I now have a completely original treasure. I highly recommend. If that's even necessary. :)

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Kim, great to see you here, and even greater news about repairs coming to New Hartford! Looking forward to seeing you all again in October.

ladytexan

Reaction score
Kim,

Thank you so much for letting us know! This is such good news (in many ways). But most of all, I'm glad that you are leading this endeavor. As Chazmo said, "You rock!" You da man! 8) Reset your neck by a Guild tech - luvin' it!

+1 to twocorgis - look forward to seeing and jammin' with you at LMG III. :D

P.S. Hope to meet the techs at LMG III.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, KK. This is good news, indeed, for the LTG community.

I look forward to seeing testimonials here in the future...

Dave :D

Geo

Reaction score
dapmdave said:
Thanks for posting, KK. This is good news, indeed, for the LTG community.

I look forward to seeing testimonials here in the future...

Dave :D

+1

Thanks for your dedication and perseverance while lobbying for the repair facility.

George

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
F312 said:
Is there any price list for basic repairs? I'm thinking of a fret job soon.
Kim wrote above: "Please contact me at the shop through email (kkeller@fender.com) to discuss whether we can make your old guitar new again."
Would think you should try that way.
Ralf